Camila Rodriguez - Reflection on the Presentations

Camila Rodriguez/ Group 1 

January 29, 2021

Professor Sherry Sinkoff- SPC 1017-5954

Reflection on the Presentations

When Professor Sherri said we had a presentation, I have to admit that I was very nervous, the thought of having to present in front of the entire class was freaking me out. I am a very shy person and even though I was not able to see student’s faces, my nervousness wasn’t going away. Regardless of how nervous and anxious I was I still presented and tried my best as well as the rest of my classmates from each group.

In group one, which was the one I was in, we had to present chapter three. In order for us to organize the team, we created a group chat and attended to a zoom meeting in which we assigned a topic for each individual and a presentation order. Once each of us knew what to do, a person created a power point and named all slides in order, so everyone knew where to place their information. When the day of the presentation came, we had some obstacles when playing the video, but that did not stop us from presenting.

Group two presented chapter nine, something I really liked about this group was how minimal their slides were because it made it easy for me to read the information and not get distracted with an overwhelming slide full of information. They also used many images to illustrate each topic, this helps students to create an image in their head and remember more things about the presentation. A problem was presented to this group because the audio from a video they wanted to play was not working and one of the members was able to fix it and they were able to continue with their presentation and this, once again showed the effort of all students.

Group three which presented chapter 10, also had some complications when playing a video for their presentation but they also found a way to fix it and continue with their presentation. The video was very informative, and I really enjoyed watching it just because I thought it was really interesting to see how different individuals explained what leadership meant for them or the certain traits a person with leadership should have. I think this was one of my favorites presentations because they were focusing on a topic that was related to leadership. Their presentation was very organized, and their slides weren’t overwhelming, but they were still very informative and had enough information for me to understand everything they were teaching. A very important thing group three mentioned in their presentation was the keys of shared responsibilities and I think this was something we could all relate to at that moment because all of us in the class went through the process of having responsibilities with other individuals in order to create a presentation.

            To conclude, I think all presentations were very informative and all students overcame their shyness and the technical difficulties. All groups showed great communication just because they were very organized when presenting.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amalimar's Reflection on presentations

Alison Torrez- Reflection on the presentations

Antony Perez - Presentation Thoughts/Reflections