ArturoBada's Blog

   To begin with, all the presentations were excellent, it was clear to me and the class that every individual in each individual group took their time and effort into concocting the best presentation possible. Each of the groups gave detailed information regarding the topic of the chapters they were assigned. I felt that I learn something important just by listening and watching the graphs and pictures of each presenter. The first group was group 1, this was my group and we covered all the topics from chapter 3. The chapter's topic was Intercultural Communication. It covered themes such as cultural identity, race, sex and religion, socioeconomic status, etc. I believe my group did an excellent job of providing images, data, and a cohesive PowerPoint that provided our classmates with a clear understanding of the contents of the chapter. Moreover, our group talked about the difference in cultures. We showed the differences in masculinity and feminity in culture and how time differs within different cultures. Competent Communication Strategies and Cultural Diversity were also main topics of the chapter that my group presented to the class. I also believe we showed creativity and determination in doing our presentation. 

  The next presentation after us was Group 2. This group focused on team communication and the struggles a group has to overcome. I liked the basic structure of the PowerPoint, how the slides looked, and the colors used in each of the slides. I also found it very easy to understand the information that I was listening to. I learned common definitions and information regarding the main subject of the chapter. I learned about the most common types of groups. Such as family, social, interest, and virtual groups, just to name a few. They talked about the stages of group development, this section centered around the basic premise of the challenges a group has to overcome to find success in any project or presentation. I also enjoyed watching the videos in the presentation, I am referring to the one that is titled "Working with Groups". I believe the video is interesting and it portrays the key details about the chapter. Overall, they did a great job in the creative aspect and ease of understanding the contents of the chapter, I really liked their presentation.

   As for Group 3's Presentation, their job consisted of showing the details and information in chapter 10, which talks about Group Leadership and Problem Solving. They showed various images or photographs that depicted many examples of how to find an efficient leader. A leader is someone who people look up to, and are always depending on the leader's decisions, therefore they trust his/her problem-solving skills. They talked about the coordination a leader must have with their team members, despite having a good team, communication is key for any encounter in life. I liked the structure and overall look of their presentation. I felt I understood the responsibilities a leader takes and how they affect the overall structure of the presentation and project. In the end, I enjoyed every presentation, they all proved that creativity and hard work is something common in the people of this class.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amalimar's Reflection on presentations

Alison Torrez- Reflection on the presentations

Antony Perez - Presentation Thoughts/Reflections