Agustin Sosa - Presentation Thoughts

Group 1

SPC 1017-5954

Agustin Sosa

Reflection on Chapters 3, 9, and 10 Presentations

    Knowing that we would have an upcoming presentation, all I had in mind was fear. I'm a very shy person who very rarely likes to speak up even when it comes to having conversations with friends. I deal with a lot of anxiety so whenever I think of a presentation and knowing I'll have to speak in front of a whole class and be judged on whether what I had said was good or not, I always get flustered. Luckily, being online and not having to see everyone's faces helps ease my nerves. However, being able to work in a group of people and getting to know each other helped me open up and feel more confident about doing this activity. Seeing how most of us are in quarantine, having new people to talk to and collaborate with was definitely exciting! I even got to make some new friendships out of these presentations. It made me motivated and enthusiastic about what other assignments and activities we'll be able to accomplish together. 


Chapter 3 Group 1 Presentation Thoughts:

Seeing how our group was the first ever presentation in the class, we were all a bit overwhelmed. Especially, seeing that we had 2 days to work on it we felt a bit rushed to get everything all together. However, everyone got together in a zoom call and we had discussed ideas and the topics we each wanted. We eventually had a blast talking about the project amongst other things and we ended up making great connections with everyone. Unfortunately, our group suffered some problems with audio causing us being unable to play any videos. Luckily, by group 2's presentation it was fixed. I noticed a lot of us put in the extra effort to not read from the slides and mainly put images. It was more engaging and entertaining to hear us talk rather than read. Some presenters like Alex and Britney even added personality by adding memes or their favorite K-pop singers. It gave me ideas to make my presentations more personal by adding more entertaining images while also relating it to the topic. I was very delighted with how well our group did and I can full-heartedly say we definitely tried our best!


Chapter 9 Group 2 Presentation Thoughts:

Group 2 had a very interesting presentation. It was very easy to understand and quick to the point. Most of the presentations had mainly pictures and little to no reading off of the slides. They made it more engaging by having to listen to them rather than having to read the information from the slides to understand it. Their topics consisted of social groups, virtual groups, and pseudo-conflict. Since a lot of us are new to college, we're going to be experiencing various different social groups so I believe these topics are very relevant. Not to mention, they also talked about virtual learning which we are currently doing for most classes due to the pandemic. Overall, this presentation was very enjoyable and I can't wait to see what's next!


Chapter 10 Group 3 Presentation Thoughts:

Group 3 had by far one of the most important topics: leadership. Seeing how we're in a speech class, we're constantly going to be working together with other people in groups or teams. This group did a perfect job of demonstrating what leadership is seeing how well their presentations were created. There was several informative videos where we not only got the perspective of the presenter but of others in their videos. One of my favorite videos was where a group of people from all around had described what leadership meant to them. It's important to understand the concept of shared responsibilities and how we all need to rely and trust on each other to complete them. There will be an abundance of collaborations which involve others in the future and this group perfectly demonstrated what it's like to do so.

Conclusion:

Overall, this was a great first time project. I'm looking forward to collaborating with my group members again and making even stronger connections. I believe everyone's presentations were wonderful and hopefully we can improve even more next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amalimar's Reflection on presentations

Alison Torrez- Reflection on the presentations

Antony Perez - Presentation Thoughts/Reflections